25 Things I Learned About Exposure…

Coming into a photography class, I felt unsure because I don’t know much about using cameras. Now that I’ve read the article, I’ve learned a few things that I didn’t know. When taking a picture, you have to check for a few things before being sure that you will get a good picture. Some of the many things you need to check for a good shot are the camera; this is what determines how light or dark an image comes out. There are only three settings to this, and they produce the exposure triangle. Those three settings are aperture, ISO, and shutter speed once you figure out how to use them, it’s more comfortable taking a good shot. When a picture comes out too dark, it was underexposed, which means that there was not enough light. Aperture is the hole in the lense. It also controls where the light enters. Shutter speed is what holds the duration of exposure. For example, if you were not to set up the shutter speed correctly, the picture would come out blurry. ISO is what holds the sensitivity of light. There are different types of apertures, wide or narrow. The wide aperture is to shallow the field’s depth, and it only focuses on one thing. Narrow aperture has a large center of the area. Low and High ISO are very different because low ISO is a more precise picture, unlike high ISO, which makes the photo pixelated. There are various modes of exposure. Auto automatically selects all the settings for you, Program; Program automatically chooses the aperture and shutter speed; however, it lets you choose the ISO and aperture priority, aperture priority determines the corresponding shutter speed. Other modes could be shutter priority, shutter priority chooses the corresponding aperture, manual, specifies the aperture, ISO, and shutter speed even if it is not correct. Bulb is useful for any exposure longer than 30 seconds.